At Longroyde Primary School, we aim to achieve standards of excellence in all areas of school life including appearance.
When worn correctly, the uniform represents the standards that the school expects to achieve. It says to the local and wider community that Longroyde Primary School is a high achieving school children are proud to attend, we feel strongly that it represents equality for all.
Wearing a smart uniform, including PE kit, is an important factor in encouraging a disciplined ethos at Longroyde Primary School. It is the policy of the school Governors therefore, that children shall wear school uniform as outlined in this policy; a summary is outlined below.
Children are expected to be dressed correctly on their journey to and from school, as well as in school. Parent/Carers support in this matter is expected and appreciated.
Correct Uniform Must be Worn at all Times:
- White polo shirt, (with school emblem optional)
- Red cardigan or sweatshirt, (with school emblem optional)
- Grey or black trousers, skirt or pinafore. No cropped/cut off trousers or culottes.
- Red & white checked summer dress
- White socks or grey/black tights with skirt/pinafore/dress
- Grey/black socks with trousers
- Sensible black shoes (NOT trainers)
- Stud earrings only
- Black shorts
- House colour t-shirt, (with school emblem optional)
- Pumps for indoor PE/trainers for outdoor PE
- PE takes place either one or 2 days per week:
- Reception - Monday
- Y1 - 1:1 Tuesday and Wednesday 1:2 Wednesday and Friday
- Y2 - Tuesday and Thursday
- Y3 - Tuesday and Thursday
- Y4 - Wednesday and Friday
- Y5 - Monday and Wednesday
- Y6 - Monday and Thursday
On their allocated PE day children should attend school in their PE kit.
Year 4 go swimming on a Wednesday. One class will attend from September to February, the other class February to July. On swimming days children should arrive in uniform and bring:
- A towel
- Swimsuit (boy’s shorts should be above the knee and not baggy)
- Goggles (optional).
Please label all clothing with your child’s name.
How to Order School Emblem Uniform and Accessories
The preferred way to order and pay for uniform is online via the School Money website, it will be delivered to the School Office for you to collect, if you do not yet have a Username and Password please contact either School Office.
If you are unable to order via School Money please request an paper order form from the School Office at either Field Top Road or Longroyde Road.
A Facebook Group has been created for parents/carers to donate uniform items that are no longer needed. Search Facebook "longroyde primary school uniform swap".
Please note, this group is not managed by Longroyde Primary School.