Longroyde Primary School strongly believe in recognising and rewarding hard work.
Every week Headteacher, Miss Parry, holds an Awards Assembly at both sites.
Parents will receive an invitation text the day prior to the awards assembly inviting them to join us to see their child enjoy recongition for their hard work and receive a certificate and round of applause from their peers. Certificates included are listed below.
- Rising Star
- Star Certificates, (children receive stars for super, super, super, work!)
- Pupils Choice
- TT Rockstars
- Spelling Superstars
- Pen License
- Reader of the Month
- Writer of the Month
- Mathematician of the Month
- Behaviour Ambassador - Children are picked every half term by the teachers for showing regular good behaviour and attendance in school.
- School Values Champion
- Best Class - Each week the class with the best attendance at each site receives a star which is added to the Attendance Boards at each site, (Field Top Road and Longroyde Road). At the end of the year there is a reward for best class attendance.
- Individuals - 100% attendance for individuals is recognised each term with a bronze, silver or gold certificate and badge.
We have 4 Houses, children will remain in the same house thorughout their time at Longroyde;
- Red - Fire
- Blue - Water
- Green - Earth
- Yellow - Air
House Points for are awarded for sporting activities and charity/school value activites.
- Accelerated Reading
- Raffle Tickets - Awarded for good work with an in class weekly prize draw.
Each class has two school councillors chosen by the class. Their job is to help around the school and participate in school life, making school a better place. Mrs Richmond Flinn, who runs the School Council, usually has a meeting every two weeks to discuss ideas and problems the children bring to the meeting. Children must remember to wear their School Council Badge when attending meetings.